Thursday, February 10, 2011

No more Naps

It is sad to say that nap time is no longer happening at our household (at least until Abby arrives!) I have finally given up naps for Wyatt (insert sob here) but it was time. I could still get Wyatt to take his nap (for the most part) but bedtime was starting to be a hassle. Wyatt's normal bedtime (when he took his nap) was 8:30 p.m. But lately we would put him down at his normal bedtime but he would still be awake at 9:30 or 10 p.m. Plus, he would argue (I know a shocker), complain and continue to talk/shout at us until we threatened to close his door. Then last week I read in my Parent Magazine that said at the "age of 3-5 kids stop taking naps. Especially if it is harder for them to go to bed and are still up an hour to two later after bedtime." So we are going on our second week of "no naps" and it's a little hard for me! I miss that quite time and it seems that the afternoon kinda drags out. Oh well what can you do! :)

No comments: