I found this fun and easy blog about making a nursery cover a.k.a. Hooter Hider! I thought that was funny. I had some left over bumble bee fabric and thought I would try it out. So I pulled out the sewing machine and immediately saw that I was very rusty at my sewing skills. I had to call Aunt Lynne to come out the next day and show me what I was doing wrong! It was very frustrating!! I thought I was putting the bobbin in wrong but apparently it was the top thread I did wrong! Haha Several hours later here is my masterpiece. It's not so bad for my first time (if I say so myself). The sewing machine and I are still trying to get used to each other but some far I haven't pushed the thing off the table! Here are a few more items that I decided to make this past week as well.

The Hooter Hider :)

Wyatt wanted to model it for me. Today I didn't look so hot so I didn't want to model it!

Some binkie clips that I made. Again, they didn't turn out too bad!


Burp clothes that I made from left over fabric. I'm going to make a few more myself since I bought more fabric over the weekend. I've noticed that buying fabric is starting to get addicting. Should I be worried???

My first attempt at a "ragged edge bib". It will look more ragged once it's been washed a few times. Again, not too bad of a job on my part. Don't look to close at the seam lines! I'm still working on it :)

Second Attempt......

The backs of the bibs


No comments:
Post a Comment