Thursday, February 24, 2011

Felt Crayon Roll

This past weekend I made some felt crayon rolls. I've always wanted to make one out of fabric but it's still looks a little too complicated for a novice sewer like myself. I'm still working on little crafts until I feel more comfortable with my sewing machine. Sometimes we (me and my sewing machine) still have a battle over my seam lines and how straight and unmessy they should be. (It's not my fault! I swear :)

Last week I found a cool mini tutorial on how to make felt crayon rolls. It was just perfect for me. You take two pieces of felt and sew them together (plus making pockets for the crayons!) I was like.....I can do that! So I went to Hobby Lobby to find some cute felt and went to the Dollar Store for some Jumbo Crayons. I like the Jumbo crayons better than regular ones. Plus, the tutorial I found she only used 5 regular crayons and I wanted more than that. So with my crayon roll I can fit 10 Jumbo crayons. Just perfect!

I was able to do 4 crayon rolls with the material I bought. Unfortunately, they are all girly so I can't give them to Wyatt or my nephews! I need to go to Michael's to see if they have any more manly colors but if not they might be plain felt crayon rolls!

You can find the tutorial at http://somethingcraftastical.blogspot.com/2011/02/felt-mini-crayon-roll-tutorial.html. I just made mine longer and bigger but I followed the rest of her instructions!











No comments: