Friday, January 18, 2008

It's a Tag!

My sister-in-law Sarah tagged me on her blog to create a recipe tag. Anyone who knows me knows that I do not like to cook. I like to eat food, I don't mind cleaning up the kitchen after the food has been cooked but I do not like to cook! On occasion I have been known to cook so here goes...... I almost had to ask Cody for some of his recipes but then I remembered I actually own a cookbook (yes I do own a cookbook that I have actually have used in the last 3 years) and grabbed a few recipes that we have tried and liked. Since I only know two people who have a blog, if you would like to participate in the Receipe Tag feel free. Just add it in the comment section. Enjoy!

1. Chimichangas

4 cups of cooked turkey or chicken diced
1 Onion chopped
3 T. of flour
1 cup of picante sauce
1/2 tsp. of cumin
1/2 tsp. of oregano
1/2 tsp. of garlic salt
1 cup of broth
Flour Tortillas
Grated Cheese

Saute Onion. Put aside. Brown chicken in pan using PAM. Add onion and sprinkle with flour on top. Add broth, picante sauce, oregano, cumin, and garlic salt. Simmer for 10-15 minutes. Place several tablespoons of meat mixture in center of tortilla and sprinkle with grated cheese. Roll tortilla into a burrito. Fry in 1" oil, browning on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sour cream and more picante sauce if desired.

2. Tortilla Soup

2 cans of chicken broth
2 chicken breast cut into bite size pieces
1 heaping teaspoon of cumin
2 tablespoons of chili powder
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 can of chopped tomatoes
Cilantro, to taste

Combine all of the above ingredients in a large pot and cook until the chicken is well cooked and tender, about 30-45 minutes.

Pour soup over tortilla chips in each bowl. Add grated cheese, sliced avocado or whatever topping, such as diced green onions and sour cream. Serves 4-5.

3. Chicken and Dumplings

2 chicken breast diced in bite sizes
4 cans of chicken broth
1 onion, diced
4 stalks of celery, chopped up in small pieces
1/2 cup of carrots, chopped up in small pieces
2 cups of Bisquick (to make the dumplings)

Add chicken to the broth and set stove to Medium. While the chicken is cooking chop up the onion, celery and carrots and add it to the pot. Mix the two cups of bisquick with milk to make the dumplings. I usually add more bisquick to make them light and fluffy. Put spoonfuls of dumplings on top of the chicken and vegatables. Cook 10 minutes without a lid and cook 10 minutes with the lid on for a totally of 20 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes then serve!

So, Sarah how did I do? :)

1 comment:

Sarah's Place said...

Oh, very good! We might have to try some of those out. I do like the chicken and dumplings. I got that recipe from your mom. I do not like to cook either, you are so lucky to have a man who cooks for you!