Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Wyatt's First Day of Preschool

Last Thursday was Wyatt's first day of Preschool. I have to say that it went better than I imagined. I thought for sure they would call me and ask me politely to pick up my son because he's been crying and screaming since I left. I even stayed at my mom's house the whole time just in case b/c her house is closer to his school than mine. But alas, no phone call! Woohoo. His teacher said he cried for about 5 minutes when I left and then he was okay. He was smiling and talking about how much fun he had and a new friend he played with when I picked him up later that afternoon.

Today is his 4th day going and again so far so good. He still gets a little fussy when I leave but his teacher (Miss Michelle is what they call her) says that it usually doesn't last long. Today, by the time I left he wasn't fussy at all. Progress! :)

Here are some pictures of his first day. We got there a little bit earlier so we were waiting in the car (and he asked if he could sit in front and since we weren't going anywhere I said yes. I don't want anyone to think I drive with him in the front seat!)







His teacher opened the door right as I was trying to take a picture. Oh well...it still works!









No comments: