Thursday, March 3, 2011

Teriakyi Chicken

I found this super simple recipe for Teriakyi Chicken today and wanted to try it. I got rave reviews tonight from my 89 year old Grandma, 3 year old son and my husband. Apparently I didn't make enough because my husband wanted more to eat and so did my son. Plus, my Grandma ate every bite of her chicken. She usually eats half the chicken that I give her so it must be a HIT! So here is the recipe.

What you will need:

Chicken (I did two large chicken breast)
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
1/4 cup of soy sauce
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1/4 tsp of ginger
1/2 tsp of garlic

Mix all ingredients into a dish, add chicken and bake at 350 Degrees for 45 minutes. Turn chicken over every 20 minutes. Serve with Rice.

I marinated the chicken before I put it in the oven. Which means I kept turning the chicken over and over in the sauce until the oven preheated and then I put it in. I don't know if this helped but it sure tasted great.

ENJOY!

1 comment:

alliopie said...

I tried this on Monday - super easy and super yummy! :) Yes i have been cooking - and I am enjoying it so far. Mostly I like how cheap meals are and the ones I have done have been really yummy. :)

Do you have a webcam? I have one now so we can skype :)?