Tuesday, November 30, 2010

FINALLY!

I think I finally have Wyatt potty trained!

****Please note I'm going to be talking about pee and poop on this post so BEWARE. If you don't want to hear about skip this post *******

This past week Wyatt has been successful at using the potty to do his business. I haven't had to change a dirty pull-up since last Sunday and I am so GLAD!!! I started potty training Wyatt this past April and he had no problem going pee in the toilet. He was awesome at it. Plus, he would always tell me when he had to go. I tried to get him to go poop in the potty at the same time but he wouldn't it. I thought "Okay....no problem. Let's get number one down and then we will work on number two."

Well I tried again in September with no luck. He went 4 days without going poop before I gave in. I didn't want him to have more problems because he was holding it in. The funny thing is as soon as I gave him a pull-up he went poop. Boy....can that kid hold his poop! (See I warned you I was going to talk about poop!)

This past week Cody and I got tired of changing his dirty pants. He knows when he has to go (because he would tell me when he was going) but refused to try to poop in the potty. I would always ask him and he would always tell me "No."

So last Monday, we put him in underwear and kept telling him he needed to go poop in the potty. Well by Wednesday I knew he was holding it in and went to the store to buy him some medicine. (One way or another that poop was coming out!) On Thanksgiving I started feeling really bad for him. I knew he had to go but whenever we would try to put him on the potty he would cry and throw a fit. Even Sarah, my sister-in-law commented that you could tell he was holding his cheeks together!

That night I was over at my in-laws house having dinner and I finally caved. I asked Wyatt if I gave him a pull-up would he go poop and he said yes. So I took him upstairs to the bathroom and put on his pull-up. As soon as I did he said he needed to go pee. He's good about going pee in the toilet. So I put him on the potty to go pee and what came out?? Your right....and then he promptly peed on the floor since he didn't scoot back far enough!! So needless to say we were both surprised and I made sure to praise him and tell him what a good job he did. He was laughing and acting like he did it on purpose! He also had a lot of fun telling everyone downstairs the he went "Poop in the Potty." And so far he's had no problem telling me when he has to go and getting right on the potty to go. Plus, when I say "potty" I mean the toilet. Luckily we bypassed the training potty (for all of the toilet training) and went straight to the toilet. Woo-hoo! Now I won't have two kids in diapers :)

1 comment:

Velika said...

WOOHOO! That is seriously one of the happiest days in a mother's life! Go Wyatt!