Sunday, July 12, 2009

4th of July Weekend

This 4th of July Weekend was really busy for the Standage Family. First, my mother-in-law Cindy was one of the opening act for Dwight Yokem up at Camp Verde. So we took a little over night trip up to Cliff Castle Casino to see her perform on Friday. She did a great job and all three of us had a good time. The Casino had a firework show that night as well and we ended up staying up till midnight! The fireworks were right over the hotel and it sounded like bombs were going off. It was a little too loud for Wyatt so we went inside but could still hear them going off. They didn't end till 11:30 that night. That was way too late for me! Hence why we stayed up till midnight. Luckily for us, Wyatt conked out and didn't stir till 8 a.m. the next morning. Woohoo for Mommy and Daddy. Here are some picture of Cindy performing. I borrowed them off her blog!







The next morning Cody, Wyatt and myself got up and headed back to the Valley. We got home around noon and promptly went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house for a family get together. Cody stayed home to take a nap and work on little homework. Wyatt and I ended up staying for about two hours while we ate and visit with relatives.

Later that afternoon we went to my friend's little girl first birthday party. Tara and Mark were having a swim party over at her Aunt's house for Tessa. So I came home from my Aunt's house and went over to her Aunt's house. I knew Wyatt wouldn't want to swim (we stopped going to his swim lessons. He wasn't enjoying them and neither was Mom and Dad) so I didn't bother to pack a swim suit for him or myself. So what happened.......we all ended up getting wet. It first started with him putting his feet in the water. Then he started to splash me. Then he went down the slide with Uncle Mark (kicking and screaming!), then Daddy threw Mommy into the pool (but Mommy knew he was going to do that and pulled Daddy in as well!) GO MOMMY.

**I'm trying to add pictures for the Birthday Party but my computer is acting up. I'll have to add them another day!

No comments: